Permanent formwork plays an important role in your building project, holding concrete as it sets while also eliminating excessive concrete waste.
With permanent formwork, you won’t have to waste time, money and resources on:
- putting up falsework or temporary structural elements like braces and moulds
- de-installing them all over again once the concrete has cured.
By applying acrylic render, brick biscuits, stone cladding and ceramic tiles, you can even add high-quality finishes to your permanent formwork.
Just keep in mind, however, that most permanent formwork today is made of fibre cement board, powder-coated metal or PVC. Because of its non-porous surface, rendering or tiling on permanent formwork is often a challenging task.
Fortunately, Scientific Waterproofing Products (SWP)’s EASY BOND provides a cementitious key coat bonding bridge that can help you solve this problem.
The importance of having a cementitious key coat bonding bridge
Tiling and rendering improve the durability, quality and look of your permanent formwork.
A flexible, cementitious key coat bonding bridge like EASY BOND sticks to your permanent formwork, so that you can effectively adhere acrylic render, brick biscuits, stone cladding and ceramic tiles to it.
These materials can then make your building’s permanent formwork more resilient to stains, water-related damage and other external factors.
About EASY BOND
Whether you have a Ritek, Dincel, RediWall®, Rise Products, Permaform or Zeggo permanent formwork, our EASY BOND is the ideal bridging product you’re looking for, to use on any project.
EASY BOND is a one-component cement-based mortar. Once mixed only with water, it provides a high-performance flexible key coat bonding bridge for application to non-porous substrates and permanent formworks.
With EASY BOND, scuffing, sandblasting or using a primer is no longer needed. As a quality and flexible anti-fracture membrane, our product can also be applied to substrates that are subject to thermal movement, as well as in poorly ventilated areas.
EASY BOND is also an environmentally friendly solution that is warranted up to 15 years.
How to apply EASY BOND
To help you get the best results from EASY BOND, we’ve prepared this set of instructions and reminders that can assist you as you use our product for your permanent formwork:
- Make sure the surface to be coated is sound, clean and free of all traces of paint, dust, grease, efflorescence, loose particles, gypsum, plaster and mould-release compounds.
- Holes, voids, honeycombs and cracks, once opened to a minimum of 2 cm, must be cleaned and patched with DRIZORO MAXREST®.
- Exposed steel bars with a minimum thickness of 1 cm must also be cleaned and patched with DRIZORO MAXREST®.
- If a steel bar is corroded, treat it first with the oxide converter, DRIZORO MAXREST® PASSIVE.
Afterwards, thoroughly wash down and saturate the substrate with plenty of water. Also, remove all free-standing water before applying DRIZORO MAXREST®.
- Apply EASY BOND by texture or foam roller, spreading a homogeneous and continuous coating of approximately 1mm. Once applied, do not overwork the surface and do not apply as if it was paint. Allow for a minimum drying time of 3 days.
- For large areas, EASY BOND can also be sprayed. When sprayed, comb the fresh coat with a broom to make sure that the whole surface is covered homogeneously.
- On fissures, concrete joints, corners and cracks – once repaired, apply a first coat of EASY BOND at 1,0kg/m2. While it is still fresh, place either a 50mm or 200mm strip of DRIZORO MAXMESH.
Note: the information provided here must be used in conjunction with the appropriate technical data bulletins and material safety data sheets available from our office or website.
Can your project benefit from EASY BOND?
EASY BOND doesn’t only help in making your permanent formwork more attractive. It also ensures you get quality and lasting results from tiling and rendering your nonporous substrates.
In fact, should you need to waterproof cold joints and vertical joints within your permanent formwork, you can use EASY BOND and our wide range of Drizoro cement-based waterproof coatings solutions – not just to attach your tiles, brick biscuits and other stone cladding to it but also to protect your structure with waterproofing.
Get the right specification of waterproofing product for your next project
At Scientific Waterproofing Products, our team is here to provide you with the most effective waterproofing for your unique project.
We offer a wide range of Drizoro cement-based waterproof coatings that are made from high-quality raw materials and backed by a 10-year product warranty.
If you’ve got questions or issues around your next waterproofing job, or you’d like to find out which product is best for building, maintenance or restoration requirements, contact us today! You can also check out a list of local Drizoro resellers and applicators here.
As always, SWP is committed to providing the right waterproofing solution for any water-related problem or application.