As a construction material, concrete offers strength, durability and versatility, making it one of the most popular materials available for building today.
Over time, however, concrete can deteriorate, especially when exposed to extreme weather, water penetration, or various chemical reactions.
Likewise, the constant movement of both people and vehicles throughout heavily trafficked areas can also damage a concrete surface much quicker than usual.
This deterioration of a concrete surface is quite unsafe, and can easily lead to several other serious structural problems. That’s why architects, builders and contractors need to proactively repair and maintain your concrete surfaces with an appropriate solution.
Fortunately, here at Scientific Waterproofing Products (SWP), we’ve got a trafficable waterproof coating that you can use to help protect your concrete surfaces for longer.
Keep reading to learn more about Drizoro MAXSEAL® Traffic and how you can use it to maximise the lifespan of your concrete construction surfaces.
Drizoro MAXSEAL® Traffic: The Trafficable Waterproof Coating
SWP’s Drizoro MAXSEAL® Traffic is a two-component mortar made up of special types of cement and a water-based synthetic resin.
When applied, it allows a concrete surface to withstand both positive and negative hydrostatic pressure, while providing a suitable waterproof and trafficable coating that can help protect deteriorating concrete in high-traffic areas.
MAXSEAL® Traffic can be easily applied using a brush or spray equipment to help waterproof:
- underground parking garages, horizontal decks, ramps and other surfaces exposed to wheel traffic;
- slab-on-grade and concrete floors against rising damp and negative water pressure in warehouses, factories, residential buildings and more;
- basements, tunnels, galleries, and other surfaces that are subject to high water pressure and high-wearing abrasion;
- line markings with an anti-slip finish, pedestrian crossings, emergency lines, and more.
The benefits of using Drizoro MAXSEAL® Traffic
Here at SWP, we offer an extensive range of Drizoro cement-based waterproofing products made from high-quality raw materials that are backed by a 10-year product warranty for all your repair and maintenance needs.
Our Drizoro MAXSEAL® Traffic provides the following benefits to protect your concrete surfaces and help you achieve excellent waterproofing results:
- It’s a waterproofing and traffic-bearing coating in one product
With MAXSEAL® Traffic, you get two solutions in one!
Not only is MAXSEAL® Traffic a waterproof and dampproof coating, but it also serves as an abrasion-resistant coating for concrete surfaces exposed to heavy wheel traffic, such as trucks, forklifts and industrial vehicles.
- Easy and convenient to apply
MAXSEAL® Traffic saves you time and effort as it doesn’t require any primer or bonding to adhere to your concrete surface.
The final fine-textured coating of MAXSEAL® Traffic can also be worked into various decorative finishes like smooth, anti-slip, or roller to suit your preferences.
- Excellent water vapour diffusion
MAXSEAL® Traffic is not a water vapour barrier, meaning it will prevent the formation and appearance of air bubbles on concrete floors.
- It’s non-toxic
As a high-quality product, MAXSEAL® Traffic is solvent-free, odour-free, non-flammable and environmentally friendly, and can be safely applied in poorly ventilated areas.
It also provides your concrete surfaces with outdoor colour stability.
- No maintenance required
MAXSEAL® Traffic will maintain the integrity of your concrete surfaces even when exposed to external factors such as chloride, free-thaw cycles and atmospheric pollution.
How to apply Drizoro MAXSEAL® Traffic to treat concrete surfaces
To prevent any waterproofing failures from causing further damage to your site or project, the proper application of the right waterproofing solution is essential.
This MAXSEAL® Traffic technical bulletin offers step-by-step and in-depth application instructions for your benefit.
Additionally, we’ve put together this quick and handy guide that covers all the most important things you need to know when applying this solution:
- Proper substrate preparation is imperative to ensure the success of this product’s application. Concrete must be structurally sound and solid without cement laitance, old coatings or paints. Any voids, holes, water leaks or static cracks must also be repaired prior to application.
- The surface must be clean and free of efflorescence, loose particles, grease, oils, curing agents, form release agents, dust, organic growth or any other contaminants that may affect the adhesion of MAXSEAL® Traffic.
- Once any repairs have been completed, the entire surface must be thoroughly saturated with clean water. Allow the excess water to drain away and ensure you don’t leave any free-standing or pooled water on the surface before applying MAXSEAL® TRAFFIC.
- To achieve the best coverage and thickness control, MAXSEAL® TRAFFIC should be applied with a fibre-type brush or fibre broom. For large areas, MAXSEAL® TRAFFIC can be applied mechanically using a spray machine.
- The time between coats must be a minimum of 3-6 hours up to a maximum of 24-48 hours, depending on the temperature and ventilation conditions. The second coat can be finished using different tools, based on the texture required. You can achieve an anti-slip finish with either a brush, a broom or a roller.
- MAXSEAL® TRAFFIC can also be applied to green concrete. Unlike other products, our solution does not require the concrete substrate to cure for 28 days.
- Allow a curing time of 12-24 hours before opening the concrete surface to pedestrian traffic and 24-48 hours for wheel traffic (at 20°C and 50% R.H.). Applications at lower temperatures or on sites with poor ventilation will require a longer curing time.
If you want to learn more about MAXSEAL® TRAFFIC and how you can use it to effectively repair and maintain the concrete surfaces on your projects, simply speak to your local Australian waterproofing specialists!
Get the right waterproofing solution for your deteriorating concrete surfaces with SWP
At Scientific Waterproofing Products (SWP), our team is here to provide you with the most effective waterproofing for your unique project.
If you have any questions or issues around your next waterproofing job, or you’d like to find out which product is best for your project, contact us today!
You can also check out a list of local Drizoro resellers and applicators here.
As always, SWP is committed to providing the right waterproofing solution for any water-related problem or application.