No matter what your construction project involves, concrete surfaces often make up a large part of it. From walls, foundations and patios all the way to sidewalks and driveways, concrete is frequently the substrate of choice because it provides durability, strength and design flexibility.
The only drawback, however, is that concrete is naturally porous. Just like brick and natural stone, it can absorb excess moisture, dirt and other harmful chemicals over time – making concrete surfaces susceptible to:
- mould and efflorescence build-up
Fortunately, products like SWP’s SEALTIGHT exists to seal, protect and preserve concrete surfaces in projects.
Here’s where and how you can take advantage of our product to ensure your project’s porous surfaces will appear and function at their best.
SEALTIGHT is a penetrating and colourless sealer that permanently waterproofs, insulates, hardens and preserves concrete, plaster, mortar and even the most porous natural stone.
Its scientific formula causes a reaction that solidifies the component parts of your pre-cast block, masonry, concrete or cement mortars into a single mass. This provides you with a denser substrate that’s not only waterproofed but also resistant to acid, oil, fuels, fats and grease.
Because SEALTIGHT keeps surfaces clean, strong and protected, many professionals in the field also use it for sealing and waterproofing:
- new or old constructions prone to pollution like monuments, public buildings and roads, tunnels, basements, swimming pools decks, dams and subways
- also showers and other wet areas.
3 benefits of using SEALTIGHT
At Scientific Waterproofing Products (SWP), we’re proud of the efficacy of our SEALTIGHT product.
This waterproofing solution helps you prolong the life of your concrete surfaces and ensure the safety of everyone who interacts with the project long after its completion.
Here are the three main advantages the SEALTIGHT product offers you.
- SEALTIGHT prevents substrates, even weak and old ones, from deteriorating easily.SEALTIGHT penetrates into your project’s masonry, concrete, plaster and render when applied, binding all of their component parts so that they become a more solid mass that doesn’t wear or crack easily. It also prevents dusting, brick fretting and seepage from occurring.Our product also poses no harm to aluminium, glass, and tiles. It can bond with paint, glue, and render while ensuring no blistering or damage to the paint.
- SEALTIGHT enhances the overall quality of concrete surfaces.Sealing your concrete with SEALTIGHT is like adding a shield on top of your surfaces. It increases the density of your substrate so that dirt, moisture, and other stains won’t infiltrate the top layer.Aside from making your concrete surfaces more durable, SEALTIGHT also ensures they look clean and tidy, without any gloss or shine whatsoever.
- SEALTIGHT is a non-toxic and environmentally friendly product.
SEALTIGHT is safe for the user and the environment. It’s even classified as a non-hazardous material.
You can also trust that SEALTIGHT is non-corrosive, non-toxic and non-flammable.
How to apply SEALTIGHT
To get the best results from SEALTIGHT, we’ve prepared this set of instructions and reminders that can assist you as you use our product:
- Fill all holes and cracks.
- Remove dust, grease, unsound particles and loose or cracked paint to optimise the penetration of SEALTIGHT.
- Clean the surface to be treated. If salt is present, use EFFLORESCENCE-RID to remove it. The use of BLUEE-POWERCLEAN is also recommended.
- If the substrate is in bad condition (i.e. missing mortar lines, holes or spalling concrete), we recommend the use of MAXREST® PASSIVE to coat corroding metal, and MAXREST.
- Then, allow the surface to dry as much as possible.
- SEALTIGHT is applied by back-pack or hand low-pressure spray operating at no more than 20 psi. Here, you must ensure a uniform and homogeneous coverage starting at the bottom – working across the surface and gradually working upwards. It is also essential to saturate the substrate. It is not possible to apply second or third coats.
- Allow SEALTIGHT to cure and penetrate for about 12-24 hours.
- You must wipe up any excess SEALTIGHT remaining on the surface after 25 minutes using a damp sponge or mop.
- If DRIZORO MAXSEAL FLEX / DRIZORO MAXSEAL FOUNDATION / DRIZORO MAXSEAL FLEX-M is to be applied, make sure to apply immediately while SEALTIGHT is still wet.
- Complete curing 4-5 days before painting or using other kinds of applications.
Note: the information provided here must be used in conjunction with the appropriate technical data bulletins and material safety data sheets available from our office or website.
Is SEALTIGHT perfect for your next project?
SEALTIGHT is an all-in-one solution that enables you to waterproof, protect and preserve your project’s concrete surfaces. Through it, you can ensure your concrete will remain in excellent condition for a long time.
Just keep in mind, however, that the effective use of SEALTIGHT will depend on substrate condition, porosity, or texture, plus the need to thoroughly saturate the substrate upon first application.
So, if you’d like further guidance about using SEALTIGHT, simply speak to your local Australian waterproofing specialists at Scientific Waterproofing Products.
Get the right specification of waterproofing product for your next project.
At Scientific Waterproofing Products, our team is here to provide you with the most effective waterproofing for your unique project.
We offer a wide range of Drizoro cement-based waterproof coatings that are made from high-quality raw materials and backed by a 10-year product warranty.
If you’ve got questions or issues around your next waterproofing job, or you’d like to find out which product is best for building, maintenance or restoration requirements, contact us today! You can also check out a list of local Drizoro resellers and applicators here.
As always, SWP is committed to providing the right waterproofing solution for any water-related problem or application.